Radnorshire OLW Network Group hold meetings at various schools in the area surrounding Builth Wells and Llandrindod Wells. The group usually meets three or four times a year.
The network group provides an opportunity for those with an interest in outdoor learning opportunities for children and young people in Mid Wales to network and gain advice.
Members of the group include teachers from a range of schools in Radnorshire, Forest School leaders and representatives from local organisations, such as Radnorshire Wildlife Trust.
The network group has produced three resource boxes which include a range of activities and resources to help teach in and about the natural environment. These are available for local schools to borrow.
The group has gained funding to run a number of successful events and projects to promote outdoor education, including -
- Outdoor Storytelling project
- Coed Wern Outdoor Education - a site development and outdoor learning project
- Teacher training sessions
- Forest Fun and Outdoor Autumn Antics - outdoor learning events for local schools
- Bring on the Bees - a biodiversity project
- Hidden Depths - an art project
- Wild Woodland Gamelan - a music and dance project
New members are always welcome, please come along to one of our meetings.
For more information please email: email@example.com