FEI GB 20 Years Interactive Quiz Question 8
Created by FEI Admin Scotland | Published 05.03.12
Each of the tasks has been based on an FEI project or resource.
First major partnership project of Lanarkshire FEI, involving 10 Primary schools and 4 community groups in North and South Lanarkshire making, and learning to tune and play, xylophones from green wood. A further project was developed to ensure continued use of and musical creativity associated with xylophones in the local schools and communities.
2. How big is that Tree? - FEI Scotland Resource - Tree Measuring
This is a new series of downloadable resource information sheets introducing Tree Measuring 123. Tree Measuring 1 is approx for ages 5 to 8 years. Tree Measuring 2 is approx for ages 8 to 11 years. Tree Measuring 3 is approx for ages 11 to 16 years. These have been produced by FEI Scotland in March 2011.
3. Name that Knot - Based on Dyfi FEI Resource Pack
Members of the Dyfi Forest Education Initiative Cluster Group created this resource pack as a way of sharing their expertise and woodland knowledge to empower Key Stage 2 and 3 teachers to use local woodland as a teaching resource. The activities were delivered to a year 6 class from St Padarn’s Primary School in Ceredigion and a year 7 class from Tywyn Secondary School in Gwynedd.
4. Name that tree - Based on Woodsnappers project - Glasgow FEI
Woodsnappers’ was a six month project introducing young people from 4 Glasgow schools, of all ages and abilities, to the outdoors and woodland in particular. Participants were introduced to tree species and associated communities of plants and animals, and their ecology, history, folklore and management. Skills associated with using digital cameras were developed - empowering young people to record their images as a purposeful scientific record, or for creative purposes.
5. Loop the Hoop - Based on Wooden Games - North East Scotland FEI
Wooden games was a project partnership between North East Scotland FEI and Tayside FEI. A series of large scale wooden games were designed and made and used for community and school activities.
6. Willow Wonder - Based on Willow project – Neath Port Talbot/Anglesey FEI 2007/8
The main aim of the project was to:
7. Chain Game - Goytre Wharf Literacy Trail – Monmouthshire FEI
Question/Task: Chain game
8. North East Scotland FEI Cluster Group working with Mackie Academy in Dunnoter Woods – QR code interpretive project